Goats as a viable source of long-term, stable income
in agricultural operations
To establish group
breeding plans for the improvement of Meat Goats
demands at the retail level
The History of the
With the increased
demand for goat
interest in youth
raising market Meat Goats
need for more
interest in investing
in the fastest growing agricultural industry in
the United States.
Meat goat producers saw a need for a state association.
CAMGA had it’s first organizational meeting June
• The public about the role & use of
Meat Goats in California agriculture.
• Youth groups about the opportunities of raising
• Breeders on Goat Husbandry, management and marketing
• And help facilitate direct marketing strategies
by the producer.
• Commercial Meat Goats as a recognized class in
• California Bred—Meat Goat events
• Ways to promote Meat goats as a viable agricultural
• Long Term markets for California Meat Goat Producers
Educating 4-H & FFA Instructors
Meat Goat Economics
The Rumen as a
Fitting Your Market
Meat Goat Reproduction
Selection of Guardian
Sheep & Goats
Overview of AI
Fetal Count, Age
Market Goat &
Feed & Nutrition
Fairs & Ethics
Traits of Successful
and complete your CaMGA membership form today!